Stony Hill Christian School
Transitional Kindergarten Program
Half Day Program with Aftercare Available
We currently have limited openings for the Transitional Kindergarten Program.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is a very exciting time in your child’s school experience. TK at Stony Hill Christian School is designed for children who either “just miss” or “just make” the cut-off age for Kindergarten entrance, but would benefit more from a small class size and enhanced curriculum. Our TK program is taught by experienced Kindergarten teachers and offers the gift of an added or enhanced year so your child is prepared to continue on to Kindergarten or First Grade upon completion of the TK program.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ABOUT STONY HILL PRESCHOOL CLASSES PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Our program focuses on building a strong classroom community based on mutual respect and fostering social-emotional growth in each child. Over the course of the school year, your child will dive deep into literacy, math and science explorations learning key concepts through a variety of activities and perspectives. The children will strengthen their relationships with the alphabet, build a solid foundation of reading skills, and expand their understanding of the purpose of writing and varying forms of communication.
Math will focus on developing strong numeracy skills and problem-solving strategies from multiple perspectives. Students will use experiences in the real world to examine and interpret their academic and social-emotional understanding.
In our small class sizes, children actively research, inquire and think critically about the world around them. Our school’s philosophy is to have a flexible inquiry-based curriculum that is guided by a series of research questions. At the heart of everything we do is the ultimate goal of fostering curious, creative and critical thinkers.
We believe children must be active participants in their learning and engage in constructing knowledge through employing creative and critical thinking in a variety of contexts. We believe optimal learning occurs when respect is paid to a variety of learning styles and intelligences, and value is placed on problem solving from multiple perspectives. In our program, we strive to understand the student’s unique developmental and individual needs thus creating opportunities for learning that cultivate curiosity and encourage wonder. We can accomplish this easily due to our small class sizes and highly qualified and passionate teachers.
YOUR child will benefit from:
1. small class sizes to facilitate differentiated instruction
2. emotion regulation strategies incorporated into our curriculum to promote lifelong learners (Click HERE for an essay on emotion regulation strategies.)
3. highly trained and experienced teaching staff
4. research based Houghton Mifflin curriculum which enhances creativity, collaboration and critical thinking skills
5. science experiments, art history, geography, music, languages & virtual field trips
5 days per week HALF DAY, EVERY DAY Transitional Kindergarten Program (9:00 am to 12:00 pm)
5 days per week HALF DAY, EVERY DAY Transitional Kindergarten w/ Structured Aftercare (9:00 am to 3:00 pm)
Before Care is available as early as 8:00 am.
HOURS AND DAYS OF OPERATION
Stony Hill TK Program will be in operation Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. The 2016-2017 program will begin on Tuesday, September 5, 2017 and end on Friday, May 19, 2017 following the Highland School District schedule. 2017-2018 Academic Calendar .
Transitional Kindergarten runs on the same calendar as the Highland Local School District, so when Highland Schools are closed, so are we. Stony Hill Christian School will close to observe the following holidays:
New Years Day
Tuition does not fluctuate due to holidays, breaks, and any closings resulting from inclement weather. This is factored into the cost of running the school and paying the teachers fairly for their skills and dedication. In the case of snow or bad weather days, please check WKYC.com for closings. Stony Hill does not automatically delay when Highland is delayed. In the event that we decide to delay, it will be posted on WKYC.com. If we decide to delay, you will be notified via email about our start time. If there are no posts on WKYC.com and you do not receive an email with further instructions, please assume we will open at our regular time.
A child is considered to be enrolled in Stony Hill Christian School’s TK Program only after the Registration Form has been received, the Registration Fee has been paid and you receive confirmation of your child’s enrollment. You can download both pages of the 2017-2018 Registration Form below.
There is an annual registration fee of $30.00. Checks are to be made payable to “Church at Stony Hill.” Registration fees are not refundable. All forms may be downloaded from our website.
In addition to our Registration Form, the following forms are required by The State of Ohio:
1. MEDICAL STATEMENT: A medical statement signed by a physician or certified nurse practitioner is required to be submitted within 30 days of the child’s first day of school. Children are not permitted to attend once the 30 days have passed if we do not have this form in our possession.
2. CHILD ENROLLMENT AND HEALTH INFORMATION FORM: This must be filled out entirely and must be in our office the first day your child attends. If any allergies or medical problems are identified on the form, a separate MEDICAL/PHYSICAL CARE PLAN may be required. We reserve the right not to admit children to our center if permission to transport has been denied. This form is good for one calendar year only.
- The Media Release permits us to take and display photographs of your child.
- We are asking for an email address for each family to help us stay in better contact with you. In the future, we hope to send newsletters and other forms of communication out via email.
- The Parent-Child Roster is made available at the request of our families. In it we include the child’s name, address and phone number along with parents’ names. Parents find the Parent-Child Roster to be a valuable tool when scheduling play dates and birthday parties.
5 days per week HALF DAY (9:00 am – 12:00 pm) $2,250 per year ($250/month)
5 days per week HALF DAY + Structured After Care (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) $3,600 per year ($400/month)
Before and After School Care Available Upon Request. For rates, please click HERE.
To make a tuition payment online, please click HERE.
Thank you for considering Stony Hill Christian School’s Transitional Kindergarten Program. Should you require any additional information, please contact Shannon Lee Blower at (330) 606-2082 or email@example.com OR Sam Weisend at (330) 239-9858 or firstname.lastname@example.org.